2947 Hennepin Avenue in Uptown Minneapolis was a long-time home to Fanny Farmer Candies. They had that corner space from the early 1930s until the mid-to-late 1980s.
Prior to it being a Fanny Farmer, it was Schmidler’s meat shop and an American Fruit Company outpost. After Fanny Farmer, it became a TCBY and later home to Intelligent Nutrients and then a real estate office before Juut became the tenant, combined all the space into one, gave it the gingerbread paint job, and made it a salon.
Treasure Chest was a gift shop located at 1418 West Lake Street. The business was located in the space from the early-to-mid 1960s until the mid-to-late 1970s. Treasure Chest was located in 1414 West Lake Street, which was 1/3 of the current Davanni’s building, all the way back to the late 1940s to 1950. In the 1980s and 1990s, the space was home to Garden of Eden while later it housed Cold Stone Creamery.